Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Technologia virumque cano

Well they said blog about technology.
for me it is a tool to get something done with. I'm not old enough to remember ENIAC but pretty close. I do remember in my firstcollege computer class, typing my assignments in APL on a keyboard hardwired into an IBM 370 in the next building (fall semester 1971). It has helped me do my job better and helped me in other areas. I especially like email because i've managed to stay in touch with old and far away friends that way. One surprised me by addressing me in a message with the title of this blog. In one job I was the computer expert. How this happpened was the REAL expert got promoted into a major tech job (if they wrote the job requirements any more specifically they would have had to put in his name). The boss then turned to me and said "You are now the computer expert." I scared myelf one day when explaining some tech point to a customer. I almost convinced myself I knew what I was talking about.
later,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home